Monday, December 14, 2009

I really should be memorizing lines right now

Hellooooo friends.


One of these days I just need to stand up and admit that I am just past the point of being a regular blogger.


Someday. But not today.


Once again my good intentions are going to be put on hold.


Why?


Because BH and I are doin' a show!


Why?


In recent days I have often thought the reason was because we are completely looney people who obviously don't know what to do with "free time." Or we don't know the meaning of "Hey why don't we slow down and take a break from the completely ridiculous pace our lives have kept up since ohhhhhh......AUGUST."


Or maybe we are just big hams who couldn't resist the opportunity once it was presented.


At any rate BH and I are in the process of rehearsing a show called, "Nobody's Perfect" at Topeka Civic Theatre. Opens January 15. Come see us if you are in the area. It is a really fun show. My BH is a complete hoot. He will be in drag for at least part of the show and I promise, no I SWEAR ON MY STACK OF DANIELLE STEEL novels that he will HI-larious. Totally worth the price of admission.


It is really fun working opposite my BH again. He is an amazing actor and it is indeed a shame that he does not have more time to perform. He is too busy teaching other young people the craft.


So while I am busy being a diva, may I suggest that you check out my good friend Michelle's new(ish) blog.


Her blog is titled Rational Living. Michelle is a big history buff and she and her family are about to take on a massive historical type project, that has involved a very impressive amount of research and preparation. In a very small nutshell, Michelle and her family starting the day after Christmas will spend a year living under the modern equivalent of World War II rationing, in an attempt to learn that they can indeed live happy, healthy fulfilled lives with less so that others may have more.


She has several interesting posts already detailing the preparations so far. Check it out! I think this is a very interesting undertaking and am so amazed with the work they have put in to it. I really look forward to learning more about their journey through this experience and will happily support their efforts.


(And I will likely occasionally bestow upon them a few sugar/chocolate and perhaps cheese based "charitable donations.")

For now though I must join my husband in watching awful videos from the 80's as I continue in my quest to avoid memorizing lines.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey! Go learn your lines! In the past two weeks, I've learned the Girl Scout pledge and the second/third verses of several Christmas songs. Of course, I don't really need these things, but the girls do.