Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Lovesick Blues

That is the current show tune in my head. I hoped that a couple days off would get them out, but no such luck.

Opening weekend went well. We had good crowds, and I think I did OK. I got applause here and there and that is usually a good sign. I am never truly satisified with what I do on stage. Probably a good thing...keeps me working.

I got really nervous Friday around dinner time. I said out loud that I had changed my mind and no longer wanted to do the show, and didn't want to go. My children were horrified. "Mommy!" said #1 in her most serious voice, "You HAVE to go! You can't stay home!" Then #2 chimed in with, "Mommy if you don't go do the show they might put you in JAIL." (she was dead serious, that is her new fascination..what you do to get in to jail and what happens once you are there.)

Needless to say I went and lived to tell about it, though I had my doubts there in those last seconds before I went on. THIS is why I don't do musicals. They make me too damn nervous and it don't always seem worth the nervy fits I get from them. Uggh.

I have had a good time and this has been a good change of pace for me. I needed to do something different. Next time though I hope to have a less cranky person to portray. I have done that a lot in the past couple of years, and I would like to expand a bit.

Not much else to tell right now... I have a pretty huge headache and I am sure that you all wanted to know about that.

What other mindless stuff can I share?

My camera broke right before #2's school music program. The lid for the battery compartment won't stay closed, which is problematic. Beloved suggested I duct tape it. That made me want to hit him and I told him so which offended him. I was taken back to the two+ years I had to live with a duct taped vacuum cleaner and got a little testy.

I got a magazine with a cover full of chocolate recipes I would like to make tomorrow.

I am thinking about doing the My Space thing. Someone I saw over the weekend suggested it and I have checked it out a little more in depth and it could be fun...I dunno....

It is my birthday in just over two weeks. I am going to be a certain age.

Did I mention that my head hurts?

No comments: