Thursday, August 09, 2007

Because I am Crazy like dat

Normally I am one who REALLY REALLY looks forward to the weekends. While overall I like my job, I am pretty darn excited when I don't have to go.

This weekend however I don't think will pass quickly enough.

Why is that? Both of you ask.

Hmm....where shall I start?

1. I decided that I need to add some credentials to my name so I decided to enroll in a course that will allow me to become a registered play therapist. The classes meet in KC one weekend a month (weekend being Friday and Saturday) The classes last from 8:30 AM to 6:30 PM each day of that one weekend a month. That is a damn long day even without the hour plus drive it takes each way. The first class starts tomorrow. I am looking forward to tomorrow's class, because it gets me out of work. After seeing 24 clients this week I am more than ready to sit and learn about therapy as opposed to doing it.

2. I for some reason agreed to keep my niece and nephew (ages 3 and 7 respectively) all night tomorrow and most of the day Saturday. In my defense I did not know when I agreed to this, I would be in KC for the majority of their visit, and once I did find out, I just did not feel right backing out. Thankfully I have a saintly and incredibly easy going husband who was apparently fine with managing all of those children by his lonesome. Likely a part of that willingness was knowing how HUGELY and TREMENDOUSLY I will owe him after this. I think he is off making the list of ways I can pay him back right now.

3. We have a wedding reception to go to Saturday evening in Lawrence. Instead of meeting up in Lawrence as would be sensible I am coming home first so we can all drive out together. Knowing how tired I will be when it is over and how scary the thought of me driving home that far in such a state led to this decision that does not really make sense if you are familiar with Kansas Geography. (Those of you who are not, Lawrence is half way between KC and T-town)

4. I have to play secretary at a meeting on Sunday for the non-profit with which both the Mister and I are involved. I dislike meetings. Intensely. I may have to fake some severe laringytis so that I will not pop off with some (read: numerous) smart ass remarks, as fatigue will contribute to exaggerated irritibility.

I think that is it.

If it isn't I very may well lay my head down here and cry.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like alot of stuff going on... hang in there baby- you'll make it! Just think about thoy thauce, K-la