Sunday, October 21, 2007

And So it Begins

First illness of the cold and flu season has struck, at approximately 12:30 AM CST with a barfing #2. I think that is enough on that topic.

The trip to Chicago was really quite good despite my concerns. The kids were really well behaved, didn't get in to much mishchief and were where they were supposed to be when they were supposed to be.

Our visit consisted of a trip to the Art Institute that was far FAR too short. We got to see the Gates of Paradise on their last day their which was pretty cool. Highlights for me were the Impressionist Gallery, On the Beach, and the Thorne Miniature Room which I came upon kind of by accident. I could have easily spent the entire day at the Institute and was reluctant to leave.

But leave I had to do as we had tickets to see Wicked. I am not much of one for the musicals, but this was a very enjoyable show and I liked it enough to consider seeing it again. The Ford Theatre was quite beautiful too I must say. Unfortunately I was not able to take pictures.

After Wicked we walked over to the Navy Pier which was pretty touristy, but some great views of the lake were to be found as well as gorgeous night time views of the Chicago skyline. There was a stained glass museum there that was pretty interesting too.

The trip was short but I felt like we got to see/do a pretty fair amount of good stuff for the time we were there. Also it was a low to no drama experience which is exactly what we were hoping for.

That pretty much sums up the Chicago trip, ooh except that we found a Boudin's and got some of their delicious fresh sourdough bread. So yummy!

I still have not had a chance to deal with pictures from the trip, so that will have to be a post for another day.

Now I must be off to read a sick girl some stories, and continue my efforts to catch up after the trip. Still so far far away....

No comments: