Thursday, June 18, 2009

Trying to embrace Babette

Well I am officially about two months in to the Journey to Better Health.

I have lost 13 pounds so far. 9 more to go to reach my doctor's recommendation for target weight. 16 more for My recommendation for target weight.

It is up in the air as to whether or not I will try to reach what I have felt for a loooooong time is my target weight. I may see how I feel at the doctor's recommendation and leave it at that. I may say, "Hell I have gone this far what is another 7 pounds?" Those few (okay maybe "few" is not totally accurate, but this is my journey so I can call it like I want to!)extra pounds of weight loss would give me a cushion so to speak. For what I am not sure, but I like the IDEA of a cushion. Cushions are...cushy, they give you a sense of support.

I guess this is getting easier. Although I did have to get a slap of reality over the last couple of weeks. I thought that I could just keep track in my head of what I was eating and I might have had a couple of days where I just said "screw it" and ate more than I should have of stuff that I shouldn't. A creep up in poundage whipped me back in to shape, and I got rid of the extra plus some pretty quickly. I still dread eating out. BH has also started watching his caloric intake via the same website I am using and that helps too. I no longer feel like stabbing him with a fork as I watch him eat whatever the hell he wants to.

HOWEVER. I jokingly(ish) said to him that once he starts tracking his calories he will lose 10 pounds in one week. About four days in to calorie watching and he DROPS 4 POUNDS WITHOUT EVEN EXERCISING REGULARLY. I might have accidentally called him an asshole out loud when he said that. I didn't mean to. Things just slip out sometimes. I really don't think he is an asshole. Far from it. It is just the hungry jealous woman in me rearing her ugly beastly head.

I normally avoid full length mirrors because they tend to make me sad, but today I decided to have good look to see if I could tell any difference in how I look. I could. However upon examination it became apparent to me that a portion of my midsection that I not so lovingly refer to as "Babette" may not be resolved through weight loss alone. She may not even be resolved with exercise. I can not say that for certain as I have not been engaging in any kind of toning exercise. That will come later, I just can't do more right now. But today for the first time EVER in my life, I momentarily considered uhh..surgical enhancement, or more accurately surgical reduction.

Babette may only go away with the use of surgical implements. I am not fully accepting of this idea as of yet seeing as I have not tried any toning techniques. Even if those don't work, I don't know that I could bring myself to do a.........(gasp).....tummy tuck.

I did weigh the option for a few seconds tho.

I think a far less radical and less painful option would be to try and become friends with Babette. Accept her. Embrace her. Take her out on the town. Introduce her to my friends.

Now where did I put that Pilates DVD.....

No comments: