Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Journey and other updates

So I haven't posted about my journey to better health in a long time.

Mainly because there hasn't been much to post. I more or less made it to my goal. (One pound away to be exact, but who's counting.)So I was continuing to exercise on a regular basis, and eating appropriate portions, but not really restricting myself about what I was eating. I was maintianing, so I figured all was well.

Then came Christmas and a lot of snow. Still exercising regularly. But junk food consumption increased a lot for a couple weeks.

Then came a show. Still some junk food consumption, but late nights led to later sleeping in the morning which led to an all out lack of exercise. I also find it hard to eat much before I perform, so there were a few nights where I consumed dinner at about 10:30 or 11:00 at night. Not smart eating. Guess what is open on the way home at that time of night?

That has led to a couple pounds of weight gain.

So the show is over, I am over my ear/sinus infection, and it is back to vigilant eating and regular exercise until those few pounds go away. Why is it so easy to break an early wake up time and so hard to get back to it? I have certainly learned however that for me, even though I am not a morning person I am far more likely to exercise regularly if it is the first thing I do in the morning.

So here is hoping that these few pounds go quickly and I have learned a lesson.

In reality I am sure this is not the last time this will happen. BUT as long as I nip it quick all is good.

Business is going well. I REALLY need to say no to new referrals for a while. That is scary to think about. WAY scary. What if I say no and no one calls me again?

So as you can see my tendency towards ridiculous anxiety is still as present as it ever was.

Last post I ended with the news that BH had just been in an accident.

He was OK and we even made it to the show on time.

I however am experiencing some anger. It was a hit and run. Some dude in a truck ran a stoplight and BH t-boned him. BH saw a bit ahead of time what was going to happen so he was able to slow up a little, which caused less damage. A kind witness to the accident, followed the dude, got his tag number and managed to get him to pull over.

According to the kind witness....dude was drunk.

So it has been almost two weeks and we have heard nothing from the police saying that they went after the guy. Which means we have no insurance information from him.

Which means we have to make the claim on our insurance.

Oh and pay the damn deductible.

This displeases me greatly.

I had expected more from our fair city's law enforcement.

But apparently as they often seem to be my expectations run too high.

Stupid drunk drivers.

I am just grateful the outcome wasn't far worse.

1 comment:

Shari said...

Just stay focused on the fact that your husband is okay. Karma will come back to bit the driver in the #$#!