Thursday, August 19, 2010

Time for a Change

I decided it was time for a new template. I think after a hundred or so years it is good to spruce things up a little don't you?

Not sure if this will be the final product, but it is a start.

Now on to other things.

Whew! It has been a VERY busy summer, filled with travel, trips to the pool, theatre camps, work, 20 year high school reunions and other assorted activities. Suffice it to say there was no slowing down at Chez Babble for the summer.

Despite the 95 degree temperatures, for all intents and purposes summer is o-v-e-r for us. School started this week.

#1 has started Middle School. If I could figure out a way for there to be dramatic music there I would add it in.

I am fairly certain that I am more anxious about this transition than she is. (ME?? Anxious!! Surely not!) I view that as a good thing.

#2 is now in the 4th grade. I am waiting to see how things will go for her. This year there are very few kids that she knows in her class. Her best friend is not in her class for the first time ever, AND big sis is not there this year . #s 1 and 2 are pretty tight with each other for the most part. I am sure it will all be fine, but in a couple of weeks once this has all soaked in for her, I won't be at all surprised to see some extra emotional stuff from good ol' #2. It takes a while for the full impact of a transition to hit her sometimes.

Me? I am as boring as ever. Still private practicing, still wishing to win the lottery so I can be a woman of leisure at home, but failing to buy a ticket nearly every week. I am currently coveting a Macbook. I don't see one in my near future however.

So what's up with you?

No comments: