Friday, July 07, 2006

I...uh...erm..well...

I am pretty sure I had something charming and witty to say, but I can not recall what it was.

Damn.

Better luck next time.

How about a rant instead?

Yesterday morning as I was sweating away to the Today Show (too lazy to find a DVD to watch) I happened upon the announcement of the Emmy Awards.

Now I was glad to see that a few of my favorite shows got nods. (Arrested Development, Scrubs and House to be exact.)

What I was unhappy about was that none of my favorite actors from those shows got nominated with the exception of Will Arnett (He plays Gob on Arrested Development for those who are not in the know. If you are not in the know about that show I strongly recommend that you do so. You won't be sorry I promise!)

I was particularly unhappy that Hugh Laurie was overlooked. I feel this is a wrong that must be righted immediately. He is an outstanding actor (VERY easy on the eyes too. I think that should figure in somehow.)

OK, I am surely about to risk offending someone (Let us not forget the Kenny Rogers debacle a few months ago.) But I have to ask how the guy from the King of Queens got a nomination? I can not figure that one out at all. I have to be honest and say that I have never watched an entire episode, or more than two minutes of an episode for that matter. Obviously I do not find the show or it's cast to be entertaining, and if I don't find it entertaining then of course the rest of the world should have the same opinion. I don't know why it doesn't work out that way often, but it should.

I have not yet decided what to do about this gross oversight on the part of the whatsit academy that decides who gets nominated. When I do you can rest assured that my faithful reader(s) will be the first to know!

Together we CAN make a difference.


2 comments:

Ali said...

Wait a minute, wait a minute... Dr. Hotness didn't get a nod?

WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH THESE PEOPLE?!

Missy said...

Not even a sly wink I am afraid.

There really needs to be a sexiest star of a drama/comedy category.

I think that I would like to be in charge of that one.

I believe myself to be completely qualified for the job. One only needs to look at my stellar and totally unblemished history of choosing hotties to spotlight in my WILDLY popular "Hottie of the Week" postings.

I got me a BIG head today.