Monday, September 17, 2007

A Recommendation

I love to read.

It's true!

It is not often that I will make a book recommendation, but I have decided that I am going to go out on a limb today.

I am not going to recommend just one book my friend(s) but an entire series of books.

B.H. got me started on this series a few years ago. The intended audience is young adults. If my memory serves me correctly he read the first book in the series so that he could create an Accelerated Reader test for one of his students. After reading and enjoying the book immensely he passed it on to me and I devoured it in about 2 hours or so I think. After I proclaimed my love for these books, he made an arrangement with the librarian where he was teaching at the time to bring the books home to me as soon as she got a new one in. (It pays to have connections!)

Now that I have given you a rather long winded history on how I got started with the series I will give you the name. Here at Chez US we affectionately refer to the series as the "Georgia Books." The author is Louise Rennison. In a nutshell the books are written as diary entries from a teen-aged girl living in England, and they are funny. I have laughed out loud numerous times while reading each book. There are currently 8 books in the series.

I highly recommend that you start on these books at your earliest convenience. Don't be turned off by the Young Adult thing. As an adult I promise you will find them funny. I wouldn't recommend them for anyone younger than high school age. The first book is titled: Angus, Thongs, and Full Frontal Snogging

Go get one. Soon. You won't be sorry!

No comments: