Saturday, December 24, 2005

Cough, Cough, Cough...Cough, COUGH, Cough, Cough, Cough...(sing to the tune of Jingle Bells)


Yes 'tis the season to be phlegmy at Chez Us.

Illness update...

#1 Missed one day of school due to fever, headache and nasty cough.

Yours truly..made it to work all week, was sent to bed immediately by my Beloved upon getting home from work Thursday evening. Congestion has moved into a really annoying cough.

My apologies to anyone who eats the holiday goodies I have prepared this week. I think I mangaged to avoid coughing directly in to food.

Everyone else seems to be O.K.

AND...my mother has not once suggested that I call the doctor to make sure that #1 is not suffering from Whooping Cough which apparently is on the rise in our fair state. I bet it comes up tonight though. I will keep you posted.

Despite the illness we are one crock pot of a knock off of Chili's Queso away from being totally set for Christmas.

Tonight it is off to my mother's to partake of yummy food and gifts. Then put the littles to bed so that Santa can come and do his thing, and Mommy and Daddy get to watch It's A Wonderful Life without having to wrap gifts or put any complicated toys together. I will do my annual Christmas Eve perfomance which consists of me falling asleep during the viewing of the above mentioned movie. I will wake up in time to see my beloved give his annual Christmas Eve performance..he will get emotional at the end of the movie. It is so cute, I never miss it.

What are your Night Before Christmas rituals???

So...Happy Holidays from all of us here at Babble On. (OK... that is just me, but the wish is just as sincere as if it were coming from a large and well paid staff!)

1 comment:

Ali said...

I can't believe I haven't watched A Christmas Story! I usually manage at least two viewings each season and I still laugh EVERY DAMN TIME. Now that's quality film making.