Wednesday, December 07, 2005

Me so lazy

I have been sorta lax in the posting recently. For many reasons which I really want to list for you.

1. I am lazy.
2. My job has been rather demanding the last couple of weeks. I am ready for the January slump.
3. Birthday. Parties.
4. I had a new People and now Glamour magazines to read.
5. I have had to spend a lot of time thinking about exercising.
6. One night I did get on the treadmill.
7. Haven't had any thing truly inspiring to write about.
8. I.....am..........LAZY.

So there you go.

I do have something I want to give a short rant about. In the many conversations I have with a rather large variety of people I have noticed what I think is a new trend in language particulary among women, and I have to say that I don't like it.

That trend is replacing phrases like, "That is great." or "ok" just to name a few with the word perfect either by itself or as part of a phrase.

I had a conversation on the phone last night with someone and part of that conversation involved me giving directions to my house. In response to my directions this person must have used the phrase, "that is perfect." at least three times.

Now first of all I really don't think she can judge my directions as perfect until she successfully navigates herself to my house with out any problems beacause she has followed my directions.

Secondly, the bar is raised too high too soon! I really don't know this person, already I am perfect just as a result of giving directions to my house. Will perfection be expected on all levels now? I am not sure I can do that.

Is it that I came across as needy and she felt compelled to give me such a HUGE pat on the back because I somehow transferred very strong insecure and in need of validation vibes over the phone?

Likely I will never know.

I do know this. I will not succumb to this trendy rate every little thing as "perfect." OK is good enough for me.

Now I must go because my dog just barfed on the floor right beside me.

Perfect.

1 comment:

Ted Carter said...

That was a perfect blog entry, Missy. Really.

Although I'd have to vote for being unjustifiably praising rather than unjustifiably critical any day.