Tuesday, November 02, 2010

One Year

Today marks one year since I started my private therapy practice.

All in all I would say that it has been a pretty good year.

All of my worst fears did not come true.

I am still in business.

I have not put us in the poor house.

All good things.

So what have I learned over the past year?

I think one of the biggest surprises has been how difficult it has been for me to lose what I call the "Mental Health Center Mentality." Meaning that my schedule must be completely filled with appointments all available working hours of the day.

Ummm...a big reason I left the MHC was due to my not wanting to have clients 8+ hours a day five days a week. I have had a difficult time letting go of that feeling of pressure to make sure all my working hours are filled with client appointments.

It is getting a little better, but I still have a ways to go.

I also have decided to be a bit more focused in the types of clients I agree to see. I am also considering some marketing as well.

I don't always wake up raring to go to work, but I don't start dreading Monday on Friday as I am leaving work like I used to.

I have said it before, I think my issue is that in reality I just don't want to work.

But if I have to, this seems to be a good fit for me for the time being.

That, as Martha Stewart would say is, "A good thing."

No comments: