Wednesday, June 04, 2008

Perhaps an ark is in order

So we got a big ole nasty storm here Monday. Dumped over 2 inches of rain in less than two hours.

Apparently this much rain in such a short time was too much for the parking lot at my place of employment, seeing as how a portion of it filled up with about three feet of water. Or so they tell me. I was busy working and didn't find out what had happened until it was all over.

Too bad for me, because my car was parked in the portion where the water gathered to party.

By the time I got to my car there was about a 1/4 inch of water on the floorboards. It didn't get any higher than that luckily. It was still enough for the insurance company to write an estimate for $750 dollars to get it cleaned and repaired. I was really surprised by the amount. I figured a couple hundred bucks for a good and thorough cleaning. Apparently a good and thorough cleaning post flooding in your car is a lot of damn work. Seats taken out, carpet removed, pad replaced. Possible seat belt replacement. Who knew? Not me. I do now!

I have to give credit to my insurance company they came out the next day and had check in hand. Pretty impressive given the amount of storm damage in these parts after Monday. I count myself darn lucky.

So now I leave you all with a question.

What is the best way to keep squirrels away from my garden? Besides shooting them. Which would be hard seeing as I neither own nor ever intend to own a gun.

1 comment:

Valerie said...

Oh I want to hear the answer to the squirrel question too. The neighbors feed the squirrels like wild pets.