Sunday, April 18, 2010

It is wrong to throw out cupcakes. Right?

I am trying really hard to be vigilant about eating, so's I can drop the couple pounds of winter weight I put on.

SO WHY IN THE HELL DO PEOPLE BRING THINGS LIKE CUPCAKES TO MY HOUSE?

I have been pretty vocal about my work here. I have been equally vocal about what seems to be my total inability to ignore things like baked goods when they are in my house.

Just two days ago I announced a ban on such things until these few pounds are gone.

Yet today here comes my MIL fresh from the dessert auction at church with a beautiful plate of cupcakes. (Proclaiming that she knows we don't want them, but she couldn't resist buying them because they were so pretty. We try to be good children. Why WHY, does she insist on punishing us like this? BH is watching his eating too. His goal is to get below Spiderman weight. How I love my geeky man.)

Jesus Mary and Joseph.

They are very prettily decorated and delicious looking.

AND those evil bastards are taunting me all the way up here in my bedroom.

They don't respond to my firm, "Shut the hell up cupcakes!"

I just may have to go all trashcan on their asses.

No comments: