Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Northland

northland/n. the northern part of a country (Definition courtesy of the Microsoft College Dictonary)

Today I was fresh out of ideas for photos. Coming up with ideas every day for the next year is going to be hard, if I may state the obvious.

I turned to my ever helpful Facebook community, and my friend from the FilthEDesign blog, suggested that I turn to a page in the dictionary, choose a word and then take a picture that shows my interpretation of the word. I thought that sounded like a fine idea.

I often think of North as being up. If fact that is the first thing that comes to mind when I hear or see the word North.

The land (or country if you prefer to go with the true definition of the word) I was in at the time was my bedroom.

Thus my photographic interpretation of Northland. What I saw when I looked up in my bedroom.

I took this shot very quickly on auto-mode tonight. I only enhanced a bit and did some cropping.

I rather enjoy what I see as a very slightly moody ceiling fan. Not at all displeased with my slightly quirky photo.

Enjoy.

No comments: