Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Whew!

The first day of school was a great success for all. #1 was very glad to be able to hang out with her best buddies again. #2 came out of the school smiling and full of excitement about her first day and even thinks that she has made a new friend or two. I also believe that she ate more of her lunch on the first day than her big sister has eaten at lunchtime during her entire school career thus far. Not having a morning snack for the first time in ohhh..her life makes for a hungry girl at lunch!

I BARELY made it out the door before the tears started. It was pretty crowded and I got stuck trying to maneuver around poky meandering parents who apparently were not the emotional mess I was about to become or, if they were they did not seem to be as concerned about a public display as I was. I did make it out the door before I succumbed to tears and I did not even have to elbow anyone to do it. I had just enough time before I had to be at work to get over it. (And thankfully my 9:00 did not show up!)

So the school year begins.

May it be productive, filled with learning and free of drama!

1 comment:

jLow said...

Don't feel bad - my 2.5 year old has no problem whatsoever saying "Bye Momma!" every morning when I drop him off. It breaks a little bit of my heart every time he takes another growing step. Wasn't I just pregnant with him the other day???

I have no delusions that I won't be a blubbering basket case come the first day of "school."