Sunday, March 11, 2007

I'm Tellin' You

This should be the last post with an update about which song from the show is in my head as we had our last performance today.

I am usually a little bummed out after a show ends, it is so consuming that I often seem to be unsure of what to do with myself for a short while.

The previous two or three shows I was in prior to this one, I did not have that short melancholy period after they were over. In truth I was practically foaming at the mouth to have them over and done with and that worried me. I thought maybe I was growing out of performing or being possessed or something of the sort. I think it had to do with a lot of other things that I am just not going to go into here.

At any rate I find myself this evening feeling a bit melancholy about the end. I had a really good time, and overall I was pretty happy with the way I portrayed this character. I got a fair amount of good feedback about the shows and it was really cool that nearly every performance sold out.
I made some new friends and that is always fun, and I got the opportunity to socialize with them over the past three weekends and I really enjoyed that. Beloved and I don't seem to get out and be social with other adults very often together and for me to go out and socialize on my own has been virtually unheard of for the past ohhhh...9 years. I can probably count the times on one hand. I know it is not a great way to be and I have no one but myself to blame for the lack of socializing. I get lazy pretty easily about going out socially since the children have come along. I know all the arguments about "taking care of yourself so that you are in a better frame for your children" and all of that, but at the end of the day..week...month...year....I.AM.TIRED.
But I bit the bullet and pushed past my tired and went out with people. I am definitely out of practice. I don't know where people go to socialize after dark anymore. I do not recover as quickly the next day from staying out past 12 even when there is no drinking involved. I still seem to be able to converse and be mildly interesting however. Glad I still have that.
In a few days my melancholy will pass as I become immersed in the daily stuff that is my regular non-performing life. There is much to do and many things to return to that have been neglected for the past couple of months. One of those things is reasonable bedtimes. I must leave you know to pursue that right now. Nighty night.

No comments: