Saturday, December 01, 2007

One down one to go

Birthday party #1 for #1 was a great success today. Though I feel I must mention that 10 fourth graders together and hyped up about a party are L-O-U-D. Really truly brain searing loud. They are also fast. They blew through the party activities in record time, leaving us tapping our watches absolutely certain that they must (GOD PLEASE PLEASE!) be telling the wrong time.

I did make the cupcakes for the party from scratch. They turned out OK. Not raving about them by any means, but fairly tasty. (However it should be noted that #1 felt it her duty to tell me right after the treat eating was finished that her cupcake was dry and as such she did not eat all of it. We had a little tete-a-tete away from the guests about rudeness, and you will be glad to know that I kept my voice at a conversational level for this mini meeting.)

Right now the cake for tomorrow's family party is baking away. Different recipe from the cupcakes and hopefully it will be at the correct level of moistness so as to please the birthday princesses delicate palate.

So here are my Wizard Hat Cupcakes, because the theme of course was Harry Potter!


2 comments:

The Party Animal said...

I just want to let you know I have shared these great cupcakes on my party blog so you may see some traffic coming your way.
http://www.thepartyanimal.org/ChildrensBirthdayParties/?p=2379

Emily said...

My daughter will be having a Wizards of Waverly Place birthday party next month and I intend on using them. Great idea!