Sunday, February 19, 2006

Home again home again jiggety jig

Numbers 1 and 2 are back home safe, sound, and T-I-R-E-D.

First thing out of each child's mouth as they came through the door...

"Mom, can I play on the computer?"

I love it when I haven't seen my children in nearly three days and the first thing I have to say is one of those motherly corrective statements. My choice this time, "That isn't a good way to greet your mom when she hasn't seen you for three days."

I then got the enthusiastic "Mommy!!!" With hugs and appropriate excitement.

Now that is what I am talking about.

Please excuse as I must go now so that I can send the computer and all it's games that are apparently much more exciting than Daddy and Mommy flying out the back door in to the alley.

1 comment:

Ted Carter said...

When I used to have to travel a lot, I would judge how badly the kids missed me by how long it took them to ask, "So, what'd you get me?" I think my record was when it took Bailey over 24 hours to remember; that time I knew I had REALLY been missed.